You've come to the right place
Welcome, together we grow!
The Nursery & Garden Industry NSW & ACT (NGINA) is an industry-led, membership-based, not-for-profit organisation that is the peak industry body for operators in the nursery and garden sector in NSW and ACT. This can include:
- growers and producers of plants
- wholesalers and hirers of plants
- retailers of plants and related products
- industry gardens, florists and landscapers
- allied traders—suppliers of growing media, chemicals, containers, tools and equipment, etc.
- service providers including consultants, training providers, government departments, etc.
Members of NGINA range from small- to medium-sized family-based operations through to multinational corporations and all share a passion for greenlife and for the industry.
Such a diverse membership brings with it many different needs and requirements and that's why we have created a range of membership categories.
All members, regardless of category, can access and utilise a broad range of membership benefits that are designed to assist members in growing their business, increasing their industry knowledge and staying informed.
- Single Business Owner - A business entity (owner/operator) that conducts its operations with no additional employees and/or contractors engaged in the delivery or production of its products or services
- Trading Member — for businesses with 5 or less full-time equivalent* employees
- Enterprise Member — for businesses with between 6 and 20 full-time* equivalent employees
- Corporate Member — for businesses with more than 20 full-time equivalent* employees
- Student Member — this includes a subscription to N&G News, access to Sydney and regional trade days, and invitations to attend our four NextGen events held throughout the year
* Full-time equivalent (FTE) is not just the number of full-time workers you have. It’s also not just a headcount of all your workers. It is a measure of all your employees in a way that makes them comparable.
You can determine the number of FTEs you have based on how many full days a week an employee works. If an employee works five full days a week they are classed as 1 FTE. If an employee works three full days per week they are classed as 0.6 FTE (three working days/five week days = 0.6).
So if, for example, you have five employees all working three full days a week (i.e., 5 x 0.6) you have 3 FTEs.
Complete our NGINA membership application form below. Approved applicants will be notified by email or contacted by phone. If you have any questions about membership, please contact the NGINA office on 02 9679 1472.
NGINA Member Application 2023
Making the most of your membership
Joining a professional association broadens your sector knowledge, updates your skills and offers insight into job opportunities. There are so many free ways that members can use NGINA to their advantage. Read more about how you can make the most of your membership.